Want To Work For An Awesome Small Business?
Sweet! Because We Need You On Our Team!
Hey there, Mason jar fans!
We’re hiring a shipping specialist here at the Mason Jar Lifestyle warehouse located in beautiful Wheat Ridge, Colorado. Interested? Perfect! Read on!
At MJL, we treat our employees like family and work together as a team to make this company succeed. We’re growing and want you to grow along with us!
Why Do You Want To Work For MJL?
First, a little bit about us (if you don’t already know ).
Mason Jar Lifestyle is a family run, small business founded and owned by Maggie and Ryan (who are the BEST bosses – and I’m not just saying that since they’ll read this!). They started this company in 2015 from a spare room in their house and now we fill to the rafters our 3,000 sq. ft. warehouse!
Here at MJL, we foster a fun, flexible, and positive work environment for our team with a kickin’ sound system, real kitchen (with all the appliances!), big windows and plenty of light, bi-monthly happy hours, kid friendly policies and general hijinks. Want to get to know your future coworkers and find out why we love working here? Check out our bios HERE!
PLUS – if you like our stuff (and how could you not?!), then you’ll love your employee discount! Build up your own sweet stash of MJL goodies and never search for a last minute present again.
Tell Me About The Job!
- Full time position working in the MJL shipping departments. The shipping position at a very basic level involves printing customer packing slips, locating the products, packing them into boxes, and printing the shipping label. Accuracy is super important, so you need to have very good attention to detail.
- The MJL Warehouse is located in Wheat Ridge near 44th and Kipling
- Pay starts at $18/hour
- Health insurance is possible after 3 months of employment
- There is also potentially a performance based bonus.
- Workload will be about 40 hours a week
Shipping shifts will be Sunday-Thursday every week, all year long, dependably.
- If you’re in a pinch, we work as a team, and you may ask another team member to trade or cover hours from time to time. We are all pretty flexible.
- Until you’re vaccinated, you’ll need to wear a mask while working with others. All of us are at least partially vaccinated.
- Sun-Thurs, 9am-5pm (initially), with option of moving to more flexible hours after review.
- We strive for accuracy and hold shippers accountable to a less than 1% error rate (we’ll help you with that)
- We all have to chip into keep the warehouse clean after each shift.
- We’re a small business so when someone is sick or on vacation we have to pitch in to cover their workload. Ideally your schedule will be moderately flexible to help coverage
- This job requires moderate physical activity, lots of standing and walking, and the ability to occasionally lift 50 pound boxes
- As a retail business, we need all hands on deck for November and the first half of December for the holiday season
- Especially around Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday
- This job requires you to have a car, valid Driver’s License, and automobile insurance as driving your personal vehicle (to drop packages off at the Post Office, etc.) is required
Who Are We Looking For?
Someone who is…
- Detail oriented
- Excited to help the business grow
- Green minded
- A team player
- Flexible and open to changes
- Computer savvy
(can use apps in Windows, change printer settings, basic troubleshooting)
- Able to work independently
- Sometimes you’ll work alone
- But okay with a little noise and chaos too (we’ve got a lot of kids in the MJL family!)
- Self motivated
- A problem solver
How To Apply?
Love us and want us to get to know you better? Great!
- Send us a cover letter including:
- Information about you!
- Do you have any special skills or experience that may be valuable to an e-commerce business?
- Why do you want to work at MJL?
- What’s your favorite product on our website and why?
- What’s your favorite way to use a Mason jar or your favorite green living tip!
- How do you feel about repetitive activities (packing for Amazon)?
- Include your resume and contact info
- Include 3 references
- Send your application to Ryan@MasonJarLifestyle.com