Once you have a stock of reCAP lids in your kitchen you will continuously find new uses for them.
They have a 1″ hole and a rubber gasket to prevent leaking. Made in the USA!
Just some of the many uses:[list type=”star”]
- Making salad dressing – the original use! The are perfect for making and dispensing home made dressings and sauces. They work even better when combined with a wire whisk mixing ball.
- Drinking lids – with or without a straw, these work great for almost any beverage
- Dispenser lids – we keep seeds and nuts under reCAP, and they would work for lots of other pantry products. I use a lot of seeds in my morning smoothies, and I always keep a quart jar filled with mixed flax, chia, sesame, poppy, and hemp seeds
- Pouring lids – we always have a few half gallon jars of juice, kombucha, tea, or iced coffee in our fridge. Before reCAP they would usually dribble a little when I poured out of them, but now they pour cleanly and there is no lid to set down while I am holding my glass and the jar
- Fermentation lids – put a drilled stopper in the hole and an airlock for lacto-fermentation. When it is fermented to your liking, remove the stopper and store your ferment in the same jar with the same lid
- Protein shake lids – combine a reCAP and one of our wire whisk balls for a perfect protein shaker cup
reCAP recommends hand washing. We put ours in the dishwasher and they seem fine but they might not last as long, especially the rubber gasket.