Want To Work For An Awesome Small Business?
Sweet! Because We Need You On Our Team!
Hey there, Mason jar fans!
We’re hiring for a shipping position here at the Mason Jar Lifestyle warehouse located in beautiful Wheat Ridge, Colorado. Interested? Perfect! Read on!
Why Do You Want To Work For MJL?
First, a little bit about us (if you don’t already know ).
Mason Jar Lifestyle is a family run, small business founded and owned by Maggie and Ryan (who are the BEST bosses – and I’m not just saying that since they’ll read this!). They started this company in 2015 from a spare room in their house and now we fill to the rafters our 3,000 sq. ft. warehouse!
Here at MJL, we foster a fun, flexible, and positive work environment for our team with a kickin’ sound system, real kitchen (with all the appliances!), bi-monthly happy hours, kid friendly policies and general hijinks. Want to get to know your future coworkers and find out why we love working here? Check out our bios HERE!
PLUS – if you like our stuff (and how could you not?!), then you’ll love your employee discount! Build up your own sweet stash of MJL goodies and never search for a last minute present again.
At MJL, we treat our employees like family and work together as a team to make this company succeed. We’re growing and want you to grow along with us!
Tell Me About The Job!
- Position working in the MJL shipping department
- The MJL Warehouse is located in Wheat Ridge near 44th and Kipling
- Pay is $13-16/hour with the option of company provided health insurance for individual employee
- Workload will be about 30 hours a week (but flexibility to add more down the road is a plus)
- MUST work Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday every week, all year long, dependably
- If you’re in a pinch, we work as a team, and you may ask another team member to trade or cover hours from time to time.
- One additional day of your choice
- Work Hours:
- Minimum shift on Monday, Tuesday, & Friday is 10am – 3pm
- Minimum shift on Saturday is 9am-1pm
- Our goal is to ship the same day, all orders received by 2pm
- Saturday hours may end at 1pm with a final refresh of your shipping queue at noon
- Much of our business runs through Amazon, so you’ll need to help pack and prep inventory to be sent in
- We strive for accuracy and hold shippers accountable to a less than 1% error rate (we’ll help you with that)
- We all have to chip into keep the warehouse clean and you’ll be assigned more in depth cleaning of the common areas once/month (don’t worry – we have a checklist to guide you!)
- We’re a small business so when someone is sick or on vacation we have to pitch in to cover their workload. Ideally your schedule will be moderately flexible to help coverage
- This job requires moderate physical activity, lots of standing and walking, and the ability to occasionally lift 50 pound boxes
- As a retail business, we need all hands on deck for November and half of December for the holiday season
- Especially around Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and CyberMonday
- This job requires you to have a car, valid Driver’s License, and automobile insurance as driving your personal vehicle (to drop packages off at the Post Office, etc.) is required
Who Are We Looking For?
Someone who is…
- Growth mindset oriented
- Green minded
- A team player
- Open to changes
- Computer savvy
(basic computer literacy)
- Able to work independently
- Sometimes you’ll work alone
- But okay with a little noise and chaos too (we’ve got a lot of kids in the MJL family!)
- Self motivated
- A problem solver
- Detail oriented
How To Apply?
Love us and want us to get to know you better? Great!
- Send us a cover letter including:
- Information about you!
- Do you have any special skills or experience that may be valuable to an e-commerce business?
- Why do you want to work at MJL?
- What’s your favorite product on our website and why?
- What your favorite way to use a Mason jar or your favorite green living tip!
- How do you feel about repetitive activities (packing for Amazon)?
- Include your resume and contact info
- Include 3 references
- Send your application to Ryan@MasonJarLifestyle.com